Professor Jochen Taupitz
Jochen Taupitz is Professor of Civil Law, Civil Procedure Law, Private International Law and Comparative Law at the University of Mannheim, Germany, and Managing Director of the Institute for German, European and International Medical Law, Public Health Law and Bioethics of the Universities of Heidelberg and Mannheim, Germany.
Board / Committee positions include:
- Vice Chairman of the German Ethics Council (until April 2016);
- Member of the German Aids‑advisory board;
- Member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina;
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts;
- Member of the Academia Europaea;
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee of the University of Mannheim, Germany; and
- Chairman of the Central Ethics Commission of the German Medical Association.
Phone: + 49 (0)621-181-1328