University of Mannheim, Germany
PI: Professor Jochen Taupitz
Jochen Taupitz is Professor of Civil Law, Civil Procedure Law, Private International Law and Comparative Law at the University of Mannheim, Germany, and Managing Director of the Institute for German, European and International Medical Law, Public Health Law and Bioethics of the Universities of Heidelberg and Mannheim, Germany.
Board / Committee positions include:
- Vice Chairman of the German Ethics Council (until April 2016);
- Member of the German Aids‑advisory board;
- Member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina;
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences and Arts;
- Member of the Academia Europaea;
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee of the University of Mannheim, Germany; and
- Board Member of the Central Ethics Commission of the German Medical Association.
Phone: + 49 (0)621-181-1328
Univ. Sara Gerke, MA Medical Ethics and Law
Sara Gerke is Co-Investigator of the project ClinhiPS. She is the General Manager of the Institute for German, European and International Medical Law, Public Health Law and Bioethics of the Universities of Heidelberg and Mannheim, Germany. She is writing her doctoral thesis in the field of stem cell research under the supervision of Professor Jochen Taupitz, focusing on a comparative legal analysis of German and UK law.
From July 2015 to March 2016, Sara attended Durham Law School, England, as a visiting PhD student to undertake research under the supervision of Professor Shaun D Pattinson. For this purpose, she was awarded a scholarship from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Prior to this, Sara studied law at the Universities of Passau and Augsburg, Germany, graduating with distinction from the University of Augsburg, Germany, in July 2012 (First State Examination in Law). In addition, she holds a Master degree in Medical Ethics and Law from King’s College London (12/2013).
Phone: + 49 (0)621-181-1986